Table of Contents
Stages to become a Company Secretary
The student who would like to join the Course after 10+2 pass or equivalent has to undergo three stages to pursue the Company Secretaries Course i.e.
- Foundation Programme
- Executive Programme
- Professional Programme
Foundation Programme which is of eight months duration can be pursued by 10+2 pass or equivalent students of Arts, Science or Commerce stream (Excluding Fine Arts)
Cutoff date for Foundation Programme
- 31st March for appearing in December Examination in the same year
- 30th September for June Examination next year
There are 4 papers in CS Foundation Programme
- Business Environment & Entrepreneurship
- Business Management, Ethics and Communication
- Business Economics
- Fundamental of Accounting and Auditing
Examination & Fee
1. Examination is conducted twice a year in June and December
2. Program Fees – Rs. 4,500; Exam Fees –Rs. 1200/-
Last date for submission of application for appearing in the examination
- 25th March (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 9th April)
- 25th September (with late fee of Rs. 250/- till 10th October)
Medium of Examination
The Institute allows facility to students to appear in examination in English as well as in Hindi. (Except Business Communication subject of Foundation Program)
A candidate is declared to have passed the Foundation / Executive / Professional examination, if he/she secures at one sitting a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and 50% marks in the aggregate of all subjects.
How to Register for CS Foundation
- Click the online services button on top of the ICSI website (http://www.icsi.edu/)
- Go to the Students tab and click on Student Registration
- Click on to the checklist of documents as applicable to you on the basis of your qualification,
Photograph of the candidate
Signature of the candidate
DOB Certificate (10th Pass Certificate)
Roll Number (if appearing)
12th Passing certificate/Mark sheet
Category Certificate (if belonging to SC/ST OR Physically Handicapped Category)
- Now Click on ‘Proceed to Registration’
- Select the Course type as Foundation stage
- Fill other fields.
- Click on the option- ‘Make Payment’ for effecting necessary payments.
Payment is to be made either by credit/debit card /net banking or through bank challan system
You will subsequently get username and password at your E mail ID (The user name and password will be provided within 24 hours of payment.)
After you get your username and password, please upload documents at the link sent at your mail and upload documents.
Please follow the below step to access your registered account:
1. Click on online services button on top of the ICSI website (http://www.icsi.edu/)
2. Thereafter Click on login button
3. Enter your Username and Password
4. After Login, Go to Students and then click “My Account”
5. Click on “Manage Account”
6. Upload documents at certificate details tab given under manage account option
7. Once all required documents have been uploaded, the applications are checked at Directorate of Student Services and if found OK, it is approved. If any discrepancies are found, then student concerned is informed by e-mail to complete the requirement.
Supply of Study materials:
Study materials shall be dispatched directly by post from institute’s main stores Noida after verification of documents by the institute.
Process of downloading registration letter / e-Identity card through online Services
Students can download their e-Identity card and registration letter from Institute’s website www.icsi.edu after approval of their application by the Institute by following the given below simple procedure:
1. Click on online services log at www.icsi.edu
2. Log in to your account .Enter your “Username” & “Password”
3. Click on “student” option
4. Open “my account”
5. Go to “others” option at student’s account
6. Students can download registration letter / e-Identity card at others option at their account
After downloading the Identity card, students are compulsorily required to get it attested by any of the following authorities with his/her seal carrying name, professional membership No., designation and complete official address:
1. Member of the Institute, with ACS/FCS No.
2. Gazetted Officer of the Central or State Government.
3. Manager of a Nationalised Bank.
4. Principal of a recognized School/College.
5. Officers of ICSI
Unattested Identity Cards are not valid and the students are advised to carry duly attested Identity Card for various services during their visits to the offices of the Institute, Examination centers, etc.