Share to download analysis Excel file
[sociallocker id=”1679″]Thanks for sharing this post. Click to Download [/sociallocker]
- No. of students registering for the campus placements has more than doubled in the last 5 years. (See Chart 1)
- No. of jobs offered has been same despite of increase in the students registering for the campus placements. Same is the case with the companies participating in placements.
- No. of students getting 9 lakh + jobs has increased consistently and average salary has increased from 6 to 7 lakhs. (See Chart 2)
- No. of students passing CA Examination (Both groups and individual groups) has increased by more than 3 times in the last 5 years. (See Chart 3)
- Point 1 and Point 4 brings us to the conclusion that no. of students registering for campus placements (from the no. passing in each attempt) has decreased a lot, which should be due to lot of people going for out of campus placements. See more on this below chart 1
- Why is the no. of companies and no. of jobs offered in campus placements not increasing despite of students being able to bag a job out of campus with their on efforts?
- Why has the no. of students registering for campus placements decreased? Are students finding campus placements not worth their time and applying for jobs themselves?
- Is placement performance in any way linked with the increase in no. of students passing the CA examination?
Do share your thoughts in the comments
We can see synchronization between the no. of companies coming to the campus and no. of jobs offered. In Feb-Mar 2009 when no. of jobs offered was least at 508 jobs, no. of companies was 54 and when in Feb-Mar 2011 no. of jobs offered was 1,876, no. of companies was 111.
So any one can tell that higher the no. of companies higher would be the no. of jobs offered. This brings us to the questions that what is the reason that no. of companies coming to the campus is not increasing. There can only be two reasons for this:
- Placement program needs more effort then at its current level
- Overall market situation is bad – This can not be the sole reason as people are able to get jobs out of campus with their own efforts.
No. of students registering for the campus placements took a huge jump in Aug-Sep 2011 with total 10,317 students registering for the event. This can be directly correlated with the no. of students passing the CA examination in chart 3.
- In Feb-Mar 2008 total no. of students passing the CA Final Examinations was – Both Groups (1023), 1st Group (2,289), IInd Group (2,777) and the no. of students who registered for campus placements was 3,781. Considering 50% of the individual group students becoming CA’s we can say participation rate from students was very high.
- In Feb-Mar 2013 total no. of students passing the CA Final Examination was – Both Groups (5,075), 1st Group (12,912), IInd Group (16325) and the no. of students who registered for campus placement was 7,262. Even considering 40% of the individual group students becoming CA’s, participation rate was half of what it was in Feb-Mar 2008.
No. of students getting 9 lakh + offers has increased from 70 in Feb-Mar 2008 to 141 in Feb-Mar 2013. This sure is a good sign towards the increasing value of CA students and corresponding to that average package has also increased from 6 lakhs to 7 lakhs.