Table of Contents
INTEGRATED PROFESSIONAL COURSE (CA IPC Exam)
IPC is 2nd level of Chartered Accountancy Course.
Objective of IPC:
In this IPCC curriculum only working knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession is instilled, while at the Final (New) course, advanced application knowledge of core and allied subjects to accountancy profession is inculcated.
In order to develop a strong theoretical base, the students of IPC have to undergo nine months study course. Since proper understanding of the modern world necessitates knowledge of present day technology and skills, students are imparted 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT) and have to undergo 35 hours Orientation Programme before they commence their articled training.
Eligibility Requirement to Register in CA IPC
After passing CPT
A student who has passed Common Proficiency Test and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) may join the Integrated Professional Competence Course
Students can get a direct entry after clearing Graduation exam with a minimum of 55% marks.
Students who are pursuing the Final year of Graduation Course shall be eligible for provisional registration to the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course. Such students would be required to submit satisfactory proof of having passed the graduation examination with the specified percentage of marks within six months, from the date of appearance in the final year graduation examination (i.e. from the day of commencement of the examination).
Registration Procedure for CA IPC
A student should submit filled-in registration forms for Integrated Professional Competence Course available at sales counter of decentralized offices, the cost of Prospectus is Rs. 100/-.
These forms can also be downloaded from Institute’s website www.icai.org.
Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC), is composed of three levels.
- Group I
- Accounting Technician (optional)
- Group II
A candidate may opt for enrollment to Group I or Group I and Accounting Technician Course or Accounting Technician Course and/or Group II or Group I and Group II or for all the levels referred to above.
Payment of fees is to be made by way of Demand Draft of the requisite amount drawn in favour of the Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India payble at New Delhi/Mumbai/Chennai/Kolkata/Kanpur depending upon the place of residence of the candidate.
Fees to be paid for various courses of Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC)/Accounting Technician Course (ATC) :
|Without Articles||With Articles|
|Group I, Group II of IPCC & ATC||10000||12,000*|
|Group I and Group II of IPCC||9000||11,000*|
|Group I of IPCC and ATC||10000||–|
|Group II of IPCC and ATC||10000||12,000*|
|Group I of IPCC||8000||–|
|Group II of IPCC||5000||7,000*|
Validity of IPC Registration
- Initial registration for Intermediate (IPC) Course is valid for 4 years.
- Validity period for students converted from erstwhile Intermediate/ Professional Education (Course-II)/ Professional Competence Course is counted from the date of conversion to Intermediate (IPC) Course.
- Fee for revalidation is Rs. 400/- for 4 years period.
100 Hours Information Technology Training (ITT)
Information technology Training is a computer training programme relevant for articleship training.
- The 100 hours ITT is moduled in 20/25 days @ 5/4 hours per day on full time basis.
- A student has to complete 100 hours ITT before commencing his practical training.
- Fees of this training is 4,000.
The candidates registered for Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course/AccountingTechnician Course are required to complete the Orientation Course of 35 hrs. duration.
- A student has to complete Orientation Programme before commencing his practical training.
- Fees of this programme is 3,000.
Requirement for Appearing in CA IPC Exam
Student Registered on the basis of passing CPT :
- Student has passed CPT and 10+2 examination.
- Student has registered for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course at least 8 months before examination.
Student Registered on the basis of Graduation
- Student has completed nine months of practical training i.e. Articleship and registered for the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) Course.
Passing Criteria for CA IPC Exam
If Student appears for Both Groups simultaneously: A student will be declared to have passed if he secures in one sitting Minimum 40% marks in each paper of Both Groups AND Minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of all the papers of both Groups taken together
- If Student appears for only one Group: A student will be declared to have passed if he secures in one sitting Minimum 40% marks in each paper of the Group AND Minimum 50% marks in the aggregate of all the papers of that Group.
- Exemption: If student fails in Group but gets 60 or more marks in any of the subject, he will be declared as passed in that subject.
In case of failure in any one subject he has to reappear for all subjects of that group which are not exempt.
Subjects for Study
IPCC has total 7 subjects divided into 2 groups.
2. Law, Ethics and Communication
3. Cost Accounting
5. Advanced Accounting
6. Auditing and Assurance
7. Information Technology and Strategic Management